*Spotlight* Lucía Castro

Posted: Thursday 19 August 2010 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

Another spotlight, this time looking at Barcelona graphic designer Lucia Castro. I first discovered her work for Sit Now Catalogue as I was searching for publishing and editorial design.

The use of colour, type choice, and scale make this appealing, and fits in with the new typographic approach I admire alongside the Swiss influenced graphics.

The design approach was also applied to poster format which works equally as well.



























I have also chosen this book design as an example which appeals to me. The use of the grid system ensures the accuracy of the layout and type choice works well with the content. A serif face just wouldn't have the same impact, particularly with reversed out type shown here.

This work is in total contrast to the work from Matt Keers in terms of colour usage but it appeals to me as much as it's much more difficult to work with the freedom of colour.


0 comments:

Post a Comment