A shift in focus?

Posted: Thursday 19 August 2010 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

Ever since my placement I have thought about my position within the industry and I feel that I cannot neglect design for screen in the 3rd despite my initial urge to continue with my focus firmly on printed graphics. Since discussing my aspirations with Richard at Creative Squeeze, I feel that my strategy for the third year has to change to reflect the way that the industry is changing or fear getting left behind.

With that in mind I would like to have another shot at some sort of web based project or iPad related brief which will enable me to design for this format. I still prefer design for print because of it's 'tactilality' (if that's a word) however, the shift towards digital media doesn't neccessarily mean that I will have to change my whole way of thinking. The considerations will have to be different but the principles will remain the same.

I feel it will help me greatly to attend workshops relevant to web design or interface design for digital media. So because of the experience I have had, I feel that this is more of a consideration for me now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment